There is a Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) Job Vacancies. FAO is looking to hire hardworking and determined individuals for the position listed below.
- Plans, manages, or leads highly specialized or multi-disciplinary teams, leads, coordinates, and/or participates in regional committees, project teams, and working groups, and/or provides technical leadership/secretariat services on technical networks and/or international technical policy and standard setting bodies;
- Analyses global and country specific requirements and relevant technical issues to provide critical input into the FAO Strategic Framework, Programme of Work, work plans and the supporting budgets and/or resourcing strategies;
- Implements and monitors programmes of work involving the development of the approach, evidence based strategies, and related tools, methodologies and the supporting system/database, monitoring and reporting frameworks;
- Conducts, designs and oversees research and analysis activities to support the development of technical standards, international instruments, innovation, technical reports, publications and/or on-going programme development as well as the provision of technical and/or policy advisory services;
- Researches and analyses agricultural, economic, trade, market, social, environmental, nutrition/food composition and/or employment related data, statistics and information to provide technical, statistical and/or policy related information and analysis to support the delivery of economic and social development programmes of work, products, projects, publications and services.
- Supports the integration of decent employment, in particular of youth employment, in FAO’s work, including the disaggregation of data by sex and age where appropriate.
- Participates in activities fostering the inclusion and mainstreaming of decent employment priorities and opportunities for rural youth in sub-Saharan Africa, and contributes to developing and expanding partnerships with other UN agencies, the African Union, Regional Economic Communities, Governments, Civil Society Organizations, academia, and other development partners at the global, regional and national level;
- Collaborates with regional and national youth groups, youth-focused organizations, and other groups implementing similar youth employment and entrepreneurship-related activities in rural areas; and participates in youth employment-related meetings with relevant stakeholders and partners;
How To Apply For Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) Job Vacancies
Interested persons should click on any of the positions above to read more and apply.
Application Closing Date: 20th June, 2022